Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Beauty in Simple Things

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

~ Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)

Beautiful Simplicity

"The simplified life is a sanctified life,
Much more calm, much less strife.
Oh, what wondrous truths are unveiled-
Projects succeed which had previously failed.
Oh, how beautiful life can be,
Beautiful simplicity."

- The Peace Pilgrim

Why not decide to simplify some part of your life this week. We often create such complication and attach ourselves to so much stuff that it is very difficult for our light to shine through. And of course with so much complication and so much attachment we keep telling ourselves we have no time to be still and no time to nourish the talents which we have been given.

Yet within us we still hear our inner voice calling us "go on ... take another step ...". Sometimes we respond within ourselves "I will ...I will ... when I've enough time or enough money or know enough people or when I'm good enough or ... and so on". It comes down to one thing, one simple step - make a committed decision. Once made, you begin to focus and the universe responds to help you. Ah but I don't know what decision to make? If that's the case it's time to simplify and create space. In that quiet still space listen to your heart. Let your heart guide your way and trust the guidance you receive.

So clear out the cupboard, the wardrobe, the shed, the computer, whatever - if you haven't used it or worn it for a year then give it to someone who will use it or wear it or chuck it out!

I dare you!

© Seán M. Kelly


1 comment:

mangomop said...

Hi Aunty

Jo. I am sure you are a flower person. :-) It is so true, we all dream for the serenity found in simplicity. And wouldn't it would be so dreamy to unclutter. Thanks for sharing yourself in these uplifting sayings. I enjoyed listening to your playlist. Many are in my iTunes library. I have to say when I find people liking ABBA they become instant friends. We became friends when we discovered each other, but now I have extra reason to adore you. Keep rockin' Jo! I will drop in now and then.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...