Friday, February 25, 2011

Will I Live To See 80?

A lady just turned 68, and recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and exhaustive lab tests, he said she was doing "fairly well" for her age. A little concerned about that comment, she couldn't resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to see 80?"

He asked, "Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?"

"Oh no" she replied; "I'm not doing drugs, either!"

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?"

She said, "Not much... my former doctor said that red meat is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, or do you like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?"

"No, I don't" she said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, or have a lot of sex?"

"No" she said.

He looked at her and said... "Then, why do you even give a shit?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...